Back to School
Summer is ending and another school year is starting. We know how stressful and nerve-racking it can be to get your children ready for the school year. Here are some great tips and tricks to help start your school year off right:
- Make sure your child gets LOTS of sleep. Did you know the recommended average hours of sleep for a child 6-13 years of age is 9-11 hours per night?
- Make sure your child has a healthy breakfast and lunch AND has water throughout the day. A well-balanced diet is important for children and their energy levels through the day. The Fletcher is fortunate enough to be located in the Cherry Creek School District, which offers online access to all school’s food menus.
- Make sure transportation is reliable. For young students, routine and familiarity are very important. Make sure pickups consistent. If you do have to switch things up, be sure to send a note to the teacher using whatever communication method your teacher has designated.
- Introduce yourself and your child to the teacher and communicate often. In order to reach your child’s goals, it is super important to have open lines of communication between all parties involved. Throughout the year, remember that you are your child’s advocate.
- Take time to stop and smell the roses. Your child is learning, growing, and changing every day. Take that extra moment to enjoy their excitement and the newness of everything they are experiencing. Before you know it they will be all grown up!